How the HDB BTO process works
1. Application: Periodically, HDB releases new housing projects for application. Interested parties can submit their applications online during these application exercises.
2. Flat Types: BTO projects offer various flat types, including 2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room, 5-room, and sometimes executive flats. The flat sizes and layouts are designed to cater to different family sizes and preferences.
3. Location: The BTO projects are located in different towns and neighborhoods across Singapore. Applicants can choose the location that suits their preferences, taking into consideration factors like proximity to workplaces, schools, and amenities.
4. Balloting: If the number of applicants for a particular project exceeds the available units, a balloting process is conducted to allocate the flats. Applicants are selected randomly through a computerized balloting system.
5. Eligibility: To be eligible for HDB BTO, applicants must meet certain criteria, including citizenship or permanent residency status, income limits, and family nucleus requirements.
6. Pricing: BTO flats are sold at subsidized prices by the government. The pricing takes into account factors such as location, flat type, and prevailing market conditions.
7. Construction: After the balloting, successful applicants are notified and the construction of the BTO project begins. The construction timeline varies based on the complexity of the project.
8. Keys Collection: Once the construction is completed, successful applicants are notified again, and they can collect the keys to their new flats. This marks the completion of the BTO process.